Broadcast & Video Production
Click here to visit this instructors website: Kevin Pullen - Instructor
Do you like to perform in front of an audience? Are you a visual person or like to work with productions and technology?
Arts, audio/video technology, and communications workers use creativity and their talents on the job. You might work for an audience as a performer or artist. This includes painters, dancers, sculptors, actors, and singers. Or, you might work behind the scenes to make a performance successful. This includes set designers, editors, broadcast technicians, and camera operators.
Some audio/video technology and communications workers have high-profile jobs. For example, you might work as a news reporter or fashion designer. Or, you might use your creative talents with technology and work as an animator, graphic designer, or film editor.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about arts, audio/video technology, and communications. Try one or more of these activities:
- Band or choir
- School newspaper or yearbook
- Speech or debate
- Drama Club
- Join a local community theatre group.
- Volunteer to help with or teach an art, music, or dance community education class.
- Job shadow at an art, photo, or design studio or gallery.
- Intern at a campus radio station, local access cable TV station, web venture, or local newspaper.
- Join the stage crew for a school or community play or concert.