Work-Based Learning (WBL) Coordinators
Susan Faulk Phone: (912)280.4000 ext. 4315 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robyn Rhodes Phone: (912)280.4000 ext. 4111 Email: email@example.com
The mission of the Work-Based Learning Program (WBL) is to assist in providing a highly trained, technologically sophisticated and career oriented young workforce. This is accomplished by developing partnerships between business, industry, students, parents, school systems, coordinators, and post-secondary institutions which will lead the participating student into meaningful careers.
Interested in applying for Work-Based Learning (WBL)?
10th Grade Students:
If you are interested in applying for Work-Based Learning for your junior year, please complete the WBL application (see below for link).
11th and 12th Grade Students:
If you are interested in Work-Based Learning (Internships and Apprenticeships), please complete the WBL application (see below for link).
WBL Application Link
QUALIFICATIONS FOR WORK-BASED LEARNING
- Must be at least 16 years old and be a junior or senior in high school
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and be on-track for graduation
- Have parent and guidance counselor approval as well as 3 teacher recommendations
- Must obtain and keep the work placement
- Have at least 2 credits in a related pathway or be enrolled in the second class while participating in WBL (typically CTAE credits)
- Be responsible
- Provide own transportation to/from worksite
- Have a good school discipline record and attendance record
- Applying to the WBL Program does not guarantee acceptance or job placement